Tuesday 3 December 2013

Oxbridge Talk for Year 10 Students

On Thursday 28th November, a small group of Year 10 students were invited to attend a talk about Oxford University at Fullbrook School. An Oxford University Admissions Officer was in attendance and made a short presentation on the application process and demands of studying at one of the world’s best universities, before giving students the opportunity to ask questions.

“I found the talk both interesting and informative. I now have a greater understanding about life at Oxford, the admissions process, subjects I should take at A-level, and the fees. Before the talk I had very little idea about any of these points, but now I am more confident and know more about them. The graduate inspired me to aim high, especially as at Oxford and Cambridge the facilities are amazing, making me really want to go to University there.”

Robert Penman

“I thought that the session was very good because it enlightened me on many things that I would need to know when applying and thinking about studying at University. It taught me that there are many different means of funding and financial support available for students - this was important for me because I believed that I wouldn’t be able to attend university because of the cost. In all this was a good day because I now have a lot more knowledge on universities in general, and Oxford in particular.”

Abigail White